The California Council on Teacher Education provides leadership to the California teacher education community on many fronts — supporting and encouraging the efforts of teacher educators at postsecondary and K-12 institutions across the state, monitoring and evaluating the activities of policymakers and state agencies that impact teacher education, studying and developing proposals for better and more effective teacher education policy and practice, and communicating and advocating on behalf of California teacher educators.
CCTE is currently engaged in the following activities, among many others:
- Holding semi-annual conferences where teacher educators come together to hear and discuss the latest in national, state, and local teacher education policy, research, and practice.
- Disseminating and sharing scholarship, analysis, news, and opinion CCTE publishes in print format two high quality teacher education journals—Teacher Education Quarterly and Issues in Teacher Education—that are mailed to all members as well as a quarterly on-line newsletter.
- Monitoring state legislation and regulations and advocating approaches that will assist rather than deter effective teacher education.
- Involving members in several statewide committees and a dozen Special Interest Groups.
- Implementing a strategic plan to maximize our organizational effectiveness in serving the needs of all teacher educators across California.
- Focusing on issues and goals of equity and social justice as central to all education, including teacher education.
- Offering special programs to support and involve new faculty and graduate stuidents in our CCTE activities.
To continue these efforts, CCTE needs the involvement of all California teacher educators, from all colleges and universities, from all sectors of K-12, and from all other institutions, agencies, associations, and organizations across the state. We need YOU.
Download the PDFs following membership-related documents.
- Individual CCTE membership application
- Volunteer Opportunities for CCTE Delegates and Members
- CCTE Graduate Student Program Guidelines
- CCTE Graduate Student Program Application
- CCTE New Faculty Grant Guidelines
- CCTE New Faculty Grant Application
For institutional membership an institution should use the following forms:
This is the basic institutional membership form to be used by all except private/independent campuses.
This is the institutional membership form to be used only by private/independent campuses.
All institutions are to complete this delegate form and return it with the appropriate institutional membership form above.
The institutional membership forms are to be mailed along with a check payable to California Council on Teacher Education (spelled out in full) covering the dues total listed on the relevant form;
Please send to CCTE, 3145 Geary Boulevard PMB 275, San Francisco, CA 94118
If you have any questions about CCTE membership or any of our activities, don’t hesitate to contact us.