Teacher Education Quarterly is a peer-reviewed national journal dedicated to advancing knowledge and research on the work of teacher education researchers and practitioners.
The journal seeks 15-25 page manuscripts that link research to practices, with an eye toward improving pre-service and in-service teacher education. Preference is given to well-designed research studies that seek to advance knowledge in the field of teacher education.
Among the topics well-suited for Teacher Education Quarterly are:
- Preparation of teachers in a standards-based era
- Reform in teacher education
- Teacher education for meeting the needs of diverse ethnic and language populations
- Innovative approaches to teacher education
- Assessment of teacher pedagogical knowledge and abilities; high stakes testing and accountability
- Teacher education and digital technology
- Teacher education in the arts; art-based approaches to teacher education
- Supervision in teacher education
- Teacher education and critical pedagogy
- Narrative research in teacher education
- Inquiry-oriented teacher education
- Recruitment and retention of underrepresented teachers and teacher educators
- Teacher education in global contexts
Teacher Education Quarterly does not consider manuscripts that address instrument development, program evaluations, and personal experiences teaching a course for teachers.